Here are 5 tips for safer grilling!
1. Check the Gas Lines – Inspect the lines for cracking, sharp bends, and brittleness. Rub soapy water on the line and look for bubbling to test for leaks.
2. Grill in well-ventilated areas – Never grill inside a home, tent, vehicle, or camper.
3. Use combustibles cautiously – Keep lighter fluids capped and a safe distance away for the grill. Never add lighter fluid to hot coals. Never use gasoline or kerosene as a starter fluid.
4. Clean your Grill – Clean grates and grease pans to prevent flare-ups. Wait 48 hours before disposing of charcoal ashes.
5. Create a safe zone – Keep children, pets, and play areas away from grills. Grill at least 10 feet away from buildings. Never leave a grill unattended.