Thanksgiving is days away! This also means Thanksgiving food will soon be the scent of your home.
Unfortunately, holiday cooking and festivities may cause unforeseen accidents to happen. However, we are here to remind our customers of safety tips to make sure their holiday is a safe one.
Based on recent reporting, there are more fires related to deep fryers on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year. Cooking is one of the leading causes of home fires on this day! Cooking fires nearly double on Thanksgiving, occurring more than twice as often as on any other day.
Here are a few Thanksgiving Day safety tips for your family and friends;
- Do not leave your cooking unattended and use a timer so you don’t forget the stove or oven is on.
- Do not wear loose clothing while cooking.
- Keep children away from cooking areas as they may have limited knowledge to what is considered dangerous.
- When using a turkey fryer, make sure it is in an open area away. Read the instructions before using it.
- Be sure to replace the batteries in your smoke alarm and use the test button to check the performance.
- Turn pot handles in. Doing so prevents the handles from dangling over the edge of the stove and running the risk of spills and burns.
We all want to have a happy Thanksgiving Day. Be sure to follow these safety tips to avoid a trip to the emergency room on this family holiday. For a safe and happy holiday, stay protected with Cordeiro Insurance Agency!
Refer a friend or family member. We value you very much. You are the best form of advertising we can get! Tell a friend or family member about Cordeiro Insurance Agency. Whether or not they become a customer, you will get a free lottery ticket from us! The more people you refer, the more you can get! We are going on 30 years and still climbing. Refer a friend or family member by calling one of our customer service representatives at (508) 689-5885.
The Anthony F. Cordeiro Insurance Agency, LLC, offers a complete line of Personal and Business Insurance products. We are locally owned and operated by a highly experienced staff that has over 125 years of combined experience in the insurance industry. Speak to one of our representatives today by calling (508) 689-5885.